12.15.2006

Not how I wanted to begin.

Began my quest yesterday to build my bankroll and it didn't start off too well. Actually, it did start off well. I picked up AA a few hands in and was able to win a small pot. A little while later the 78d delivered me a straight draw and a flush draw on the flop and I was able to draw for cheap to turn my straight and take down a good pot. On another table, I limped in mid position with the 97d and was able to turn a full house, but unfortunately it didn't pay off well. I saw QQ in mid position and reraised a preflop raiser and the flop was Q high and then I turned a full house, only to have my opponent fold to my bet.

After that, it went steadily downhill. My aces were cracked by a set of 10s and then on a flop of 9 6h Kh, I got all-in with a short stack with my 89h to his KQ. Needing a 9, 8, or any heart I failed to hit. I made a bad play with a KQ on a flop of K 7 5 and lost a good sized pot to K7. Towards the end of my session I got all-in on a flop of J 9 3 with my AJ in dominating position over my opponents J8, only to see the terrible 8 pop up on the river. It was just one of those days I guess. No worries, just have to keep getting the money in with the best of it.

Session:
Limit: .05/.10 NL
Tables: 3
Time: 1.5 hrs
Outcome: -17.58

Overall:
Cash game hours: 1.5
Net: -17.58
Hourly Rate: -11.72 per hour

Tournament hours: n/a
Net: n/a
Hourly Rate: n/a

BANKROLL BALANCE: $232.42

No comments: