12.15.2006

Beaten and battered.

Well after my first session in this challenge went downhill, the second one fouled the same suit, but worse... much worse. I was able to pick up a good pot early on with AA up against QJ on a flop of Q 7 6. The turn and river brought blanks. That was the total amount of my good fortune. My QQ went down to A6 on a flop of 4 5 7, I had to muck KQ with top pair because I felt i was beat and the pot was off decent size, and then I got all in on a queen high flop with my AQ to someone overplaying AK only to have him flush me out. That last one hurt. No worries, I'll just rebuy.

Well, I did and built the stack back up about 75% or so before it just went completely south. In the BB with Q8s, the flop came down 8 4s 5s, giving me top pair with a decent kicker and a flush draw. I led out with a pot-sized bet as there were a lot of limpers. One guy min-raised me and another than min-raised again. I was in a tough spot here as 67 would be a hand that is playable for a limper in late position and that would give him the nuts. A set or two pair could also be possible. But then I thought to myself that by the way this guy has been playing, he is a nut and probably has just an 8. With that said, I decided to push. If he happened to have a straight, set, or two pair, I do have outs, but I strongly thought He had a hand like 78, 89, 108, maybe even A8, etc and with my flush draw I am favored here. I pushed for a good amount, $15 or so and the pot was about 7. The original min-raiser went into the tank and then called and the other opponent folded. He turned over A7, no spades and nothing but a gutshot. A blank on the turn and a 6 on the river came to give him a winning straight... wow.

Two more big downfalls came when my AA went down in flames to KK. When you have KK and are reraised twice by someone who lead out UTG, you probably should fold. None-the-less, a K on the turn ended that pot for me. My jacks then crumpled to an opponents K9, same opponent that had the A7. Why couldn't it be my day to rush?

I know some of you may be asking why I played for so long if I just kept getting beat. Well, I would play those cards the same way given the same situations tomorrow, next week, or next year so if I happen to get in with the best of and lose, so be it. I can't determine the way the cards fall and I'm not knocking any player who wants to put his money in and gamble. Rather, I'm just bummed things didn't work out today. But there will always be tomorrow, the next session, and the next hand!

Session:
Limit: .05/.10 NL
Tables: 3
Time: 4 hrs
Outcome: -58.30

Overall:
Cash game hours: 5.5
Net: -75.88
Hourly Rate: -13.80 per hour

Tournament hours: n/a
Net: n/a
Hourly Rate: n/a

BANKROLL BALANCE: $174.12

No comments: