12.16.2006

Building back.

After my first couple of sessions went pretty badly, I am starting to get back on track. Played today for a good amount of time multi-tabling on Bodog and it went quite well.

I was able to win some good pots with AJh flopping the nut flush, 78d flopping top two pair, and my aces held up against both QQ and Q9 all-in preflop. I was off to a good start. I hit another rush and had AA up against A8, my tens up against a 108 on a flop of 8 5 2, and then my aces held again versus AK. I built a nice big stack when I hit a brick wall... and boy did I hit it hard.

I was in the SB with KJ and just called as there were 3 other limpers in the hand and then the BB. The flop came KKQ, giving me trip kings. I led right out betting about half the pot. One player pushed all-in and I called a lost a big pot to his AK. I decided that even if he had a king, my jack kicker would be better. The only hands I feared were AK, KQ, and QQ, all of which I would have assumed a raise preflop. If it was KQ and he didn't raise preflop, why push all-in right then and there with the nuts? Soon thereafter thinking, I called and lost about 25% of my stack, but it was a good chunk. The funny thing is that this player was relatively new to the table and I soon learned that whenever he had a big hand, whether is be preflop or post flop, he simply moved all his chips in. It worked well for him because when he did it no one had a better hand than him. I was able to get away from QQ preflop when he pulled this move later on in the afternoon.

I made a decent comeback with my aces flopping a set and turning a full house against two opponents, one of which saw the river with me. He held 99 and I took down a really nice pot.

For a change of pace, I also played in some multi-table tournaments for $1 each. The first one had 304 entrants and 36 paid out. Starting with 1500 in chips, I built my stack to around 3640 at the first break. About halfway through the next hour I made a good read with pocket sixes on the turn and caught a guy bluffing with KQ on a board of 7 7 5 2. The river brought a big ol' king and I was out. I played in another one a few hours later that had 271 entrants and paid the top 27. I built my stack from 1500 to 5525 at the first break. I was doing very well until my AQ went down to A2 all-in preflop against a short stack of about 2500. And then I lost a few more pots and finally put the rest of my money in on a flush draw with a gutshot, giving me 12 outs. None came and I was busted. I usually do fairly well in these tournaments and have cashed in plenty of them in the past, with four of those cashes being in the top three and one win.

Session:
Limit: .05/.10 NL
Tables: 3
Time: 6.5 hrs
Outcome: +45.91

Overall:
Cash game hours: 13
Net: -33.99
Hourly
Rate: -2.61 per hour

Tournament hours: 2.5
Net: -2.00
Hourly
Rate: -0.80

BANKROLL BALANCE: $219.05

No comments: