12.18.2006

And it just keeps coming.

Sat down for another little late night session last night and it didn't go too well... again. I didn't see too much of anything before I had a straight with 96, only to have my opponent hold the one hand that beat me, 109 for the nut straight. It cost me about 35% of my stack, but nothing too hurtful that I couldn't come back from. I then popped it from the button with two tens after two players had limped. One of the limpers called and we saw a flop of 259, rainbow. He bet out and I reraised all-in and he called, with JJ. There goes the rest of my stack and I decided to call it quits for the night as I felt myself getting angry and wanted to avoid tilting.

I'm not sure why this player limped in middle position with the jacks and then just called my raise from the button. There's only a few reasons why I think he did what he did:

a) he was slowplaying his jacks
b) he was worried someone might pick up a bigger hand and then just called fearing I had a bigger hand
c) is just a calling station

So, with those options we can analyze what happened, or at least what I think. With option a, he would have reraised me after I popped it up from the button. At least that's what I would assume most players would do when they have the intent of slowplaying. So I can rule out that option. With option b, if he thought I had a bigger hand, he should fold. Especially after he bets on the flop and I move in on him. So the only option left is c. He just limped, called, then bet weakly into the pot and called when I moved in. He could have been the slowplaying the entire time, but with the possility of overcards coming on the flop or even if I outflopped him, that play would be a losing one in the long run. Anyway, I was down for the night... again. How can you win when all your good hands get cracked or you always run into biger hands? Weird.

Session:
Limit: .05/.10 NL
Tables: 3
Time: 1.75 hrs
Outcome: -5.00

Overall:
Cash game hours: 14.75
Net: -38.99
Hourly
Rate: -2.64 per hour

Tournament hours: 2.5
Net: -2.00
Hourly
Rate: -0.80

BANKROLL BALANCE: $214.05

No comments: