6.04.2008

Changed events.

So I was scheduled today to work Event #7, $2,000 NLHE. I began the day working this event and it was really a shitshow. Not really any big names and a huge field of 1,952 players. It was really quite hectic up until the dinner break with all the players. I went to eat at the Carnival World Buffet because I had a free meal ticket. This was the second time I have eaten there and I enjoyed it once again. During dinner break I got some good news...

My boss called me and notified me that he needed to switch me over to the $10,000 Mixed Event. This event is absolutely stacked! We're on a short 30-minute dinner break right now, but you can check out the chip count page at PokerNews.com to see that all of these players are big name players. It's so nuts seeing all the best in the world battle it out. I am loving the fact that I am five feet from the people I hope to be like one day (as lame as that sounds, whatever). The event consists of eight different games:

1) Deuce-to-seven triple draw;
2) Fixed-limit hold'em;
3) Omaha-8 (hi/lo split);
4) Razz;
5) Seven-card stud;
6) Seven-card stud (hi/lo split, 8 or better);
7) No-limit hold'em;
8) Pot-limit Omaha.

So I definitely am kept busy and this is a test of how well I know each game. It's a good thing I play most of these games often or else I'd be pretty lost blogging things. Make sure to keep updated on PokerNews.com and give me a shout. I'll be back later to tell everyone all about it.

My personal favorite is in the game, Marcel Luske, and I wish him all the best of luck and hope he does really well!

3 comments:

@bradley_utz said...

RE: I am loving the fact that I am five feet from the people I hope to be like one day

Everything is not what it seems Don

@bradley_utz said...

find out what price (i think it's 5:1) Ivey is gettin' to win a bracelet and who made the big prop bets against him

Donnie Peters said...

Ivey and Negreanu have a bet going. Each bracelet is worth $200,000 from the other.