2.14.2008

I make my own satellites.

So I was getting a little bored yesterday from the monotonous grind, so I decided to try and win into the 50-50 tournament on Full Tilt. I wanted to play the $8+.80 and $14+1 turbo satellites to get in. If I win two seats, I get $55 cash, so I definitely wanted to get in on these and give it a shot. I decided to make my own satellite for this occasion, starting with $4.30. I would play 2 $2+.15 heads up SNGs to begin. If I won one of them, I'd play 2 more. I won the first, lost the second, played 2 more and won the third and fourth ones. 4 $2+.15 heads up SNGs played, $8.60 paid in entries, $12.00 in winnings, net profit of $3.40. Adding that to my original $4, I now bought into a $6+.25 turbo heads up SNG and won that for $12.00, $5.75 in profit. I was now up $9.15 from the SNGs and adding my original $4, I sat at a heads up $.25/.50 NL cash table and made $15.50. I now bought into the 2 satellites I wanted to play, and I did all of this within an hour or so, allowing myself only $4.30 to start with. If I lost that, that would be my shot. I was bounced from the $8+.80 satellite, but won a seat in the $14+1 satellite. Onto the 50-50!

Sat down in the 50-50 with Huck Seed across from me. Not that it matters a whole lot, but you do get a bounty for knocking a pro out of a tournament, so I was thinking chance may come into play here and I might get to KO him for $50. I played tight earlier on and then gave away the majority of my chips on this hand. I hate the way I played it looking back and am upset with myself.

Seat 1: HuckleberrySeed (2,460)
Seat 2: GV pAp1 (2,005)
Seat 3: pdiddyshowno (4,560)
Seat 4: KORNFAN1 (4,305)
Seat 5: donpeters (2,060)
Seat 6: asexpected (4,205)
Seat 8: Epic Monolith (2,530)
Seat 9: saladfinger (2,615)
Epic Monolith posts the small blind of 25
saladfinger posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to donpeters [Td Ts]
HuckleberrySeed folds
eb2007 sits down
eb2007 adds 2,785
GV pAp1 has 15 seconds left to act
GV pAp1 folds
pdiddyshowno calls 50
KORNFAN1 folds
donpeters has 15 seconds left to act
donpeters raises to 200
asexpected folds
Epic Monolith folds
saladfinger folds
pdiddyshowno calls 150
*** FLOP *** [2s 4d Kd]
pdiddyshowno checks {Limp/call, then checks, seems weak to me.}
donpeters bets 300 {I'd say a CB will take this down the majority of the time here.}
pdiddyshowno calls 300
*** TURN *** [2s 4d Kd] [5s]
pdiddyshowno checks
donpeters has 15 seconds left to act
donpeters bets 700 {Check/call, check again? I choose to fire another bet and try and take it down right here.}
pdiddyshowno raises to 3,175 {Uhhhh... yeah.}
donpeters has 15 seconds left to act
donpeters has requested TIME
donpeters folds

Well, looking back on the hand, I think I should have done one of two things to fix this hand. I'm fine with my play up until the turn. When he checks to me on the turn, I should decide to fire a bet more like 90-100% of the pot, rather than 70-75%. This bet will look stronger because I will be committing myself to the hand. It will also commit myself where I don't have to think about a call or fold if he reraises me, I've already basically put myself in by committing so many chips. Or I could have checked behind and then reevaluated on the river where I might be able to call a bet depending on size or fold, but I'd save myself the chips that I bet on the turn. I think I should have played the hand on the turn with an all or nothing attitude. I'm either going to go for it here and commit myself, or back off and relinquish the hand if so.

Let me know about this hand, because I'm dying for some good analysis on what to do here. I busted a little while later with top pair, king kicker to middle set.

I am always creeping around the the Cardplayer.com forums and I usually post a lot of my hands on there for further analysis. I posted my hand from the 50-50 and also the hand by Mikerizz33. Here are the links, you should check them out.

Mikerizz33 hand
50-50 hand

Other than that, I started a challenge with myself to play 100 $5+.40 heads up SNG shootouts. These consist of 4 people, 2 rounds, tournament style. You beat the first guy, you play heads up for the money. I'm about a third of the way to completing the 100 and then I'll post the stats on them and evaluate how I'm doing.

1 comment:

@bradley_utz said...

playin' the 50-50 with Huckleberry is -EV imo