2.15.2008

The all important 'D' word!

Dis-ci-pline noun 1. a system of rules governing conduct 2. behavior in accord with rules of conduct; behavior and order maintained by training and control.

I'm not happy. I'm not happy with my play lately or my decision making. I haven't been managing my bankroll as well as I would like to and I've just been all over the place lately when it comes to game selection. I'll jump from SNGs to MTTs to cash tables one after an other and I need to get back to the shear grinding of it all. This has only really been happening in the past week or two and it's really irritating me. I just can't seem to break the bad habit. Not only is it hurting my play, but it's hurting my bankroll. I just need to settle back into a regimen that I can adhere to. I really would like to move up in limits in my cash play, but without having a good system to follow, I don't see myself doing so anytime soon. I'm going to try my best to follow the following regimen or schedule from here on out.
  • Monday-Friday cash tables only. No tournaments unless they are scheduled ones that I won into for nothing and have to play.
  • Saturday-Sunday will be my SNG and MTT days.
By breaking it down like this, I won't be jumping back and forth from hour to hour with what type of game I'm getting into. Hopefully I'll show a profit over each week, so that the buy-ins to the MTTs and SNGs won't hinder my bankroll too much. If I can hit a few decent scores on the weekends, it'll assist padding to my bankroll for the next week. I also like how this schedule of sorts will allow me to focus on that goal at hand; either cash game play or tournament play, without both going on at the same time.

I am also not impressed with the way I have been keeping records lately. I have been recording my stats, don't get me wrong, but there's really no order to them. I understand where I'm at and how I'm doing, but I need to be more systematical with my record keeping. I'll also be trying to pin that down starting now. I hope to post results and graphs of each week of cash game play and each weekend of tournament play so everyone can follow how I'm doing and what exactly it means to stay DISCIPLINED!

We're just over halfway through the month of February and I'm well on my way to getting Full Tilt's Gold Iron Man status this month. I really hope I can hammer out another 10,000 ring game hands in the remaining days this month and show a good profit. I'm also hoping to go deep in a few MTTs. Wish me luck as I do all of you, except when you're in a hand with me.

3 comments:

@bradley_utz said...

Discipline - an old wooden ship

Anonymous said...

I can show you my records if you'd like? I often have columns in my spreadsheet of records for weekly and monthly totals and the cash tables and then a seperate one for tournaments.

Anonymous said...

anonymoust being Tarr6