12.22.2006

Just can't seem to win.

I've been playing pretty much everyday for a few hours, sorry the updates haven't been daily. I've been somewhat busy with work and all. I'm going to throw a couple of sessions into one just to make things easier. I'm still running the worst I have ever been and I'm not liking it. There's only so much you can do in poker before you just have to then stop and hope the cards hold up. I've been on bad streaks before in the past, but none this long and this bad. I'm sure it will clear up soon and I need to just keep playing the best I can and getting my money in with the best of it.

In my most recent session, I was beat up badly when I flopped a set of deuces only to have my opponent flop two pair with the 52 in his hand. The river was a great 5 and once again, I was ousted from that pot. And on a queen hih board, I lost a decent pot to a player who held KK. I made broadway later in the day holding AK, only to have my opponent turn over J10 when the board showed J 10 10 2 Q, that felt great but I was able to merely call on the end and save myself a big loss. I won a pot when holdin the 45s in the big blind when the flop came 4 5 10. Only problem with this is that even when I flop a good hand I get counterfeited as the turn came a 10 and the river a 5. I still won the pot, but those two cards cost me bets I could have made and possible calls, so even then I just am gettin unlucky. I was able to gain some back when I flopped a set of 10s and then my QQ held up against Q9 when he had a straight draw. A couple of my blind hands paid off also. I had the 78h with a board of 9h 10h 9 and made a flush on the turn to take a good pot.

I then took a very nice pot when I raised from the button with AQ. The small blind called me and the flop came K 10 8, rainbow. He checked and I bet out trying to take it down right there with my position. He called and then turn brought a J. So I made a gut-shot and he came out betting into me. I figured he played either AQ or maybe 109 and caught the low end. I raised and he pushed in and sure enough I called and he showed 109 for the low end. The river was a blank and I took it down.

Towards the end of my session I lost two pots that really hurt again. I had AA in the cutoff and popped it. The flop came 10 8 3 and I bet and then a player reraised all-in. He was a loose player, pushing a lot and I was waiting to catch him and finally this was my chance. He tabled Q8 and the turn brought an 8, ouch. I then popped it a few hands later with KK and lost a big pot on a flop of 9 4 3 when my opponent held 43.

I played in one tourney, but was busted very early when I got it in on a queen high flop with KK to my opponent's AQ, the turn brought an A. So overall the session was a loser, but once this streak breaks I will be fine. I feel like despite the lack of luck, I am not doing as bad as I could be.

Session:

Limit: .05/.10 NL
Tables: 3
Time: 5.66 hrs
Outcome: -15.50

Overall:
Cash game hours: 20.41
Net: -53.49
Hourly
Rate: -2.62 per hour

Tournament hours: 2.5
Net: -3.00
Hourly
Rate: -1.20

BANKROLL BALANCE: $198.55

No comments: