5.28.2008

Phoenixaments get big!

I hosted my weekly tournament on Full Tilt tonight at 9pm EST. It's a 6-handed rebuy plus add-on tournament that costs $1+1 to enter. All rebuy tournaments created on FTP have a mandatory entry fee of $1 so there's no getting around that. I choose 6-handed tables because I figured it would increase the action and I love to play 6 max. There's a lot more 'play' on these tables and you can really open up your game.

The real reason I am bringing this up is because it became a complete nut-fest from the get go. I had a table that was really ready to gamble. I was one of 3 people in my table in for over 25 rebuys. The other two players were in for about 10 a piece. We had a total of 16 entrants to the tournament and one FTOPS event winner, who just happened to be at my table gambling like all hell. When the hour rebuy period was all said and done, 13 players remained and 12 of them added on. In total, we had 16 entries, 306 rebuys, and 12 add-ons. The pot was a massive $324 to be paid out to the top 3 places. With all my rebuy craziness, I did manage to gather a big stack for after the break and sat 4/13 in chips. I ran a big draw into a bigger draw and was busted in 8th place. I did manage to make a few bucks because I had a good piece of phoenix1333 who came in 2nd place. Here's a screen shot of the tournament lobby.

For those of you who want to get in on the action, the information is in the right sidebar of this page. I invite anyone who reads the blog to jump in and play in it with us. It's a hell of a time, but you better be sure to bring your gamble. Heck, going into the second hour of play, the average stack was over 225 BBs deep! Hope to see you signed up next week!

3 comments:

Eric Tamayo said...

Why does my name "Stackemhere23" have a green triangle next to it in the lobby...u have notes on me Peters? HAH! Next week should be fun unless us micro players are out of money!
Take Vegas Down,
E.T.

Michael Sorosky said...

His note probably says "Biggest donkey ever."

Watch out, because I brought 50 bullets and I intend to use them all next week.

Donnie Peters said...

Wednesday night fellas will be where it's at! It's gonna get crazy again so bring your gamboooooolll!!

The WSOP is popping, crazy on event #1 here. 3-5 big names at every table. I'll have updates soon so check the blog for sure and also check Poker News.