4.09.2008

Challenge day #8.

Another setback with this day of the challenge as I had another losing session yesterday. I'm feeling all right though about my play and things should turn around. I got involved in a big pot with AA and here's how it went down...

Seat 1: donpeters ($20.15)
Seat 2: RepGrowsBigga ($20.15)
Seat 3: Linkstarr ($12.30)
Seat 4: Mutton Stew ($38.30)
Seat 5: SchakDaddy ($13.10)
Seat 6: Shanmank ($29.05)
Seat 7: bullshark32 ($22.30)
Seat 8: Saturnalia ($20)
RepGrowsBigga posts the small blind of $0.05
Mutton Stew posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to donpeters [As Ad]
SchakDaddy folds
Shanmank folds
Linkstarr stands up
bullshark32 raises to $0.30
iHATEftp adds $10
donpeters has 15 seconds left to act
donpeters raises to $1.50 {Bullshark was playing pretty all over the place and would call raises after he had limped. He raised this time and I felt he would call a decent size re-raise with almost anything really so I popped it a little more than I normally would.}
RepGrowsBigga folds
Mutton Stew calls $1.40 {Umm, this really surprised me and I don't think it is an optimal play.}
bullshark32 calls $1.20
*** FLOP *** [4s Ah Th] {Lovely.}
Mutton Stew checks
bullshark32 checks

donpeters bets $3
Mutton Stew folds
bullshark32 raises to $6
donpeters has 15 seconds left to act
{His range is pretty wide here. I felt he either had the case A or a flush draw. He min-raised me pretty quick which makes me think he's doing this just because I CB the flop after it was checked to me. I thought about flatting behind, but figured he'd stick it in here with any A or a flush draw and maybe I got lucky he flopped a lower set.}
donpeters raises to $18.65, and is all in
bullshark32 calls $12.65
donpeters shows [As Ad]
bullshark32 shows [6h 4h]
*** TURN *** [4s Ah Th] [3s]
*** RIVER *** [4s Ah Th 3s] [7h]
donpeters shows three of a kind, Aces
bullshark32 shows a flush, Ace high

Now, I did have the nuts on the flop and was a 70/30 favorite, but that's not why I want to talk about this hand. I know plenty of people that will claim this hand as a terrible beat, but it really wasn't at all. I don't like villain's play PF really. I don't mind the raise, but I'm not a fan of calling this re-raise OOP. But then again, with the overcall from the BB, I can see an argument for it as we were effectively 200BBs deep. Moving on to the flop, I don't really mind this play either. If I were in villain's spot on the flop, I'd probably CR as well. He has a pair and a flush draw and given my range, I think a CR is a solid play here. I don't think a min CR is good, but a CR to somewhere between $8-10 would have been better. With my line in the hand, I could easily have KK, QQ, JJ and simply be firing a CB on the flop, so a bigger CR would have some fold equity. He'd also have good equity against AK, AQ, AJ if I were to show up with those hands here. He's only really a dog against AA and TT, other than that it's basically a flip. Given his CR on the flop, I think he's almost got to call when I shove and did right in doing so. It sucks for him that I turned up with one of the two hands he is really behind, but he got there and pulled out the hand.

I'm not upset about my play or with his play at all. This is just one of those hands where I'm going to win it the majority of the time. It's also good to look back on some hands that you may consider a beat and find out if they really were or not. Of course, I don't know for sure if villain thought this out as I did and maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Either way, here are the stats for the day.

DAILY SUMMARY:

$.05/.10 NLHE, 1.5 hours
Hands: 97
Winnings: -46.85


$.25/.50 Stud, 1 hours
Hands: 246
Winnings: -0.40

$.05/.10 NLHE, 2 hours
Hands: 502
Winnings: +5.80


Net: -41.45
Total hands: 845
FPPs earned: 0
FTPs earned: 157.30

OVERALL SUMMARY:

Days played: 8
Hands played: 7952
Net +/-: +145.40
Winning days: 6
Losing days: 2
Highest winning day: Day 4, +70.20
Lowest winning day: Day 8, -41.45

GAME BREAKDOWN:
NLHE hands: 3358
NLHE winnings: +96.90

Limit HE hands: 167
Limit HE winnings: -11.35

Stud hands: 4216
Stud winnings: +56.10


PLO hands: 211
PLO winnings: 3.75


HORSE hands: 0

HORSE winnings: 0

2 comments:

@bradley_utz said...

4h6h is spewy PF, as played pretty standard for both of you

Donnie Peters said...

Yeah, I agree with PF, don't really know what he was calling for OOP. On the flop, standard to me as well.