3.12.2008

Some OPR statistics.

I was just browsing some Official Poker Rankings (OPR) stats earlier and I had some mixed feelings towards what I found. I play the most under the alias donpeters on FTP, PS, and Bodog. It's too bad OPR doesn't cover Bodog because I have had a lot of success in MTTs there that won't be shown.

I'm not happy that my ROI is only 1%. I guess I can look at it like it's positive and I'm not losing money, but I'm not really winning any either. I have had my running-bad streaks in MTTs and I know that I used to play a lot of MTTs as recreation when I was first starting out in poker. Of course, I can't eliminate those results as I have to look at the entire picture. I am happy with the fact that when I cash, which is 22% of the time, I win the tournament roughly 10% of the time. So for every 10 times I make it to the money, I should win one of those times. I would like to get this up to around 15-20% if possible. I am able to come in the top three places just under 27% of the time. I like this number because top three is usually where the money is at in tournaments. This number is skewed somewhat due to playing 18-man SNGs. Even though they generally pay out the top four players, it's really only worth it to come in the top three.

Another good stat that I feel good about is the fact that when I finish in the money, I make the final table around 55% of the time. In bigger tournaments, you can get a solid payday if you make it to the final table, but as always, the big money is in the top three. I also like that when I make the final table, I tend to win the tournament just under 18% of the time.

I'm not sure as to whether or not these stats are good, average, or bad. I am going to try and do some searching around later tonight and in the next few days to see what a good measure for these stats would be. If anyone has any input, that'd be great. For right now, I'm feeling pretty good about these numbers, but I want to improve on them as always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think these numbers are above average, however, like you said they are somewhat skewed by playing so many 18-man SNG's. I think the stat about making the final table 55% of the time when you do make the money is a great stat but highly skewed in the 18-man SNG because when you cash anywhere in those you're at the final table, haha ya know...lemme know though what you find about the research because I'd be interested to know, especially since I haven't looked at my OPR in awhile. Thanx.

-Tarr6