3.01.2008

The past week and looking ahead.

It's been a few days since I've posted, but only because I've been playing my ass off lately. I'm truly grinding online as hard as I've ever been this week. FTP was offering up double points and I was going to take full advantage of it. I've netted over 8,000 hands this week alone. I'm still sticking to my schedule of weekly cash game play coupled with weekend tournament play and it's working. I'm feeling really, really good about my game over the past few weeks and hope I can keep it up.

It's about time that FTP finally updated their software and improved upon some things. I really like the site and I love the players their, haha. I am going to make a couple deposits on some other sites either this month or next month. I'm thinking about putting money back on Stars and Bodog, along with maybe starting up at Cake Poker. Cake seems to have some cool gimmick ideas going on over there that I might want to try out and they also have a bonus where I can score a free year's subscription to Poker Savvy. That's right up my alley.

Phil Ivey took down the LAPC this past week. He's just a poker machine, but I'm going to have to throw my congratulations elsewhere. My good friend who plays under JOBtheNUTS on FTP came in second place last night in the Daily Double B for a cool $1,600. He did really well going into the final two tables and was able to maneuver his way down to the last 4 or 5 when he picked up KK and was called all-in by A9o. As we seem to want to complain about so often, the ace flopped, but the river brought a K to give it back to my boy. He got down to heads up, but was dominated with only 18 BBs to the other guy's 50+ BB stack. A few hands into heads up, JOBtheNUTS got it in with AK versus A3 and a 3 spiked to take him out in second. It happens and that's poker. So much congratulations go out to him for a good score and I hope he can keep it rolling in MTTs.



Like I said before, I've been playing a ton this week. I have really been slacking on producing some hand histories here, but it's only because I've really been multitabling hard and haven't been saving them. Don't get me wrong, I have been reviewing key hands, I just feel the need to sleep when I'm not playing or doing something school related. Here are my spreadsheet and graph for the week.



My graph this week is a lot more steady and flowing up. I said I wanted to get my BB/100h up around 4-5 from last week when it was at 2.5. This week I was over 19 BB/100h, which is an amazing rate. You should always have a good sample size when analyzing these numbers, and I played over 8,000 hands. That is pretty good in my opinion and I am very proud of my play and my results. I hope I can keep this up and be able to move up limits sometime in the near future.

I dabbled some in some $.25/.50 games as you can see in my session spreadsheet, and I didn't fair to well money wise. The big losing session, I was up and then took two consecutive beats on some big hands that caused a big swing in my stack. I battled to get some of it back, but still finished the session down a good amount. I'm sure with some more honing of my game, I'll be ready to move up in due time. Before I move up though, I do want to make sure I can get 30 buy-ins for the game I'm going to be playing. I am a pretty big bankroll nit, even though I spew sometimes. Lately I've been doing really well with my money management and I vow to keep it up! I also want to have three consecutive winning sessions under my belt before moving up to the next limit. So once I hit 30 buy-ins, I'll be looking to score three winning sessions before I start playing the bigger limit regularly.

In other news, I qualified for Silver Iron Man $15,000 freeroll this past month and also the One-A-Day $2,000 freeroll. Hopefully I can go deep in both of these and pad the BR with some big scores. Both of these freerolls have plenty of participants that either don't realize they qualified, don't care to play in it, or just simply blind out. Which makes it for a seemingly easy field to get down to the money. In the Bronze freeroll last month, a friend of mine didn't even play and he cashed.

My goals for the month of March will be to continue to play good and increase my BR. I hope to be able to qualify for Gold Iron Man status, maybe Iron if I really push it. I am going to try and score some bonus Iron Man medals this month, too. I think I can definitely get at least 10 of them by earning 500 FTPs in a day, which will give me two bonus medals each time I do so. Look for me to make some big moves in March, I'll be doing my best and grinding my ass off once again!

2 comments:

rsbstarr said...

Recently, I've been toying with the idea of trying online poker. But after reading this post, I'm inclined to stick to playing only in casual setting with friends for now. Online, I'd probably get owned by people like you who play thousands of hands and then analyze them statistically...

Still, I noticed that I have one thing in common with a serious player like yourself: an affinity for Poker Savvy. I'm not currently a subscriber, but I do enjoy the poker articles and poker videos they put up for free. Are there some specific items posted there (or elsewhere) you'd recommend I check out in order to improve my game?

Donnie Peters said...

I'm only one person out of thousands that play online poker. There are only a handful of quality players and players that take the game seriously. You could easily avoid such players and only go after the bad players. I really think online poker would be a great thing for you if you're serious about the game. You can do very well.

I also am on the forums a lot. I read a lot of posts that people put up regarding play in certain hands and situations and try and give them my insight when I can. I also post my own stuff to get insight and feedback from others. Check out 2+2 at twoplustwo.com and Card Player at cardplayer.com, pokcetfives.com also has a really good forum. I think Poker Savvy does as well, so definitely check there as well. Wish you the best of luck in playing!