2.23.2008

Weekly analysis.

I played a total of 20 cash sessions since last Sunday. Some sessions are significantly longer than others due to time constraints, but that's a great thing to love about online poker. You can hop in and find a game anytime and play for as little or as long as you want to. I netted over 5,000 hands in a little over 26 hours this week. I was able to show a good profit of 145 BBs overall. I'm also earning around 2.78 BBs/100h. I'd like to get this number up to around 3-4, and I would also like a larger sample size of around 10,000-15,000 hands. I am hoping to be able to reach those goals within the next 2-3 weeks.

Here's my spreadsheet and graph from this past week's sessions.


As you can see by looking at my spreadsheet, I have been having a good amount of swings. I had a few sessions where I took some hard hits due to some bad beats. I know a lot of players tend to blame all their losing sessions on bad beats, but I try not to. I did have one losing session on February 20 where I lost $8.60 that was directly due to me making 3 really bad calls. I was up at the time and in one 15 minute period, made some terrible plays. One was a desperation call on the river, while the other two were just calls when I should have and could have easily folded. After those hands went down, I got up from the tables because I knew I was making some really bad decisions. I wasn't going to sit there and let myself continue to play bad while trying to get unstuck. Poker is a game for the long run and when I'm playing bad I'll take a break. There will always be the next session where I can have a clear state of mind and play much better.

Looking at my graph, my profits seem to be because of a few big winning sessions. I would definitely like to have the graph more linear with somewhat of a constant slope. I'm a physics and math major and might take a look at fitting some curves to the graph and doing some analysis on that, but we'll see how much time I have over the weekend.

I plan on applying to Card Player Magazine for an internship to cover the '08 WSOP. I feel I'd be a great addition to help them out and I love the game. I'll let everyone know whether or not I am able to get the internship, so please keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: