2.20.2008

FTP down and Phil Ivey's priceless reaction.

Well, lately Full Tilt Poker (FTP) has been acting up. The site has been constantly freezing up and disconnecting. This has been annoying many people including myself. I'm trying to reach some Iron Man goals on the site and it's just getting harder and harder with the way this is going. There are some articles out there that I have been reading about why this may be happening and it comes down to DDOS hacking. Some of the articles are linked below.

http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Calendar.20080218
http://www.poker-king.com/poker-king-articles.php?article=378
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

I've since emailed them with my concerns and I'll let everyone know what they say. In browsing the forums, I've seen many people complaining and worrying about this issue. I am positive that despite this minor set back and maintenance that is occurring, play should resume once FTP fixes the issues they are having. I also hope other sites are strengthening their software so that this type of thing does not happening to them.

In brighter news, or not so brighter news as you will see, I was tuned into 2+2's latest podcast when they ran a clip from a hand that went down on FTP's Poker After Dark between Patrik Antonious and Jennifer Tilly. This hand is quite uneventful yet very ridiculous and Phil Ivey's face is one of the best reactions I have ever seen. Check out the clip below.



And on another side note, I was watching Ivey play the other day and saw him destroy some people heads up on FTP's Ivey Deathmatch table. It was absolutely absurd to watch him play with anywhere from 600k-800k on the table. If you ever want to kill some time and happen to see Ivey playing heads up, it's a great thing to watch, minus the chatbox whoring that is done by all the railbirds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that hand was rediculous...what the hell was she thinking???

-Tarr6

Anonymous said...

check out this link, your boy lucko commented on it, "This is Gold!"...i hope he was joking

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J9jymoVogWg&feature=related

-Tarr6

Donnie Peters said...

It's a joke, haha. But I love it, those videos are so funny.