2.04.2008

The blog is back.

This isn't an "I'm back" post, but more to announce the blog coming back. I've been playing a ton of poker lately online, mostly over at Full Tilt and doing fairly well. I deposited $175 at the beginning of January and since worked it up to over $400 playing mostly the $.05/.10 NL tables and with the help of some bonuses. I'll be keeping track of my bankroll on the blog and post session stats and analysis.

As of right now, I plan on sticking with Full Tilt. I like the play there and I've worked myself into some nice games where I have a decent edge on the field. The past month of January I was able to record just under 20,000 hands and successfully qualify for Bronze Iron Man status. Goals for next month include qualifying for the one-a-day $2,000 freeroll and achieving at least Silver Iron Man status.

I also post some results that some of my friends in the poker world have. I attend Elon University and we have a very solid group of about 6-7 players here. We are constantly helping each other out and testing the skills of one another. There's 4 or 5 of us that have accounts at Full Tilt and we have all been doing fairly well as of late. A few of us have qualified for some FTOPS events and others have gone really deep into tournaments, often taking down first prize. There will be plenty updates on these types of things as well as the Elon Poker Tournament Series we have set up.

I don't plan on setting any monetary goals for each months only because I know the variance that poker brings. It can be rough roads sometimes and your bankroll can flucuate a lot. I hope to combine solid play with good bankroll management in hopes of building as high as possible.

Start: 175
Current: 433.03

February goals:
1. Qualify for Silver Iron Man Status on Full Tilt
2. Qualify for the one-a-day freeroll on Full Tilt
3. Play well in the Elon Poker Tournament Series
4. Organize GPSTS chapter at Elon

And for all of you interested in learning about the Elon Poker Tournament Series, check out
http://www.elonpoker.s5.com/. Also check out the Global Poker Strategic Thinking Society at http://www.gpsts.org/.

1 comment:

margottt said...

oh you copier! you just want to blog because I blog. geez.